1. Calls for Registrations to play at SA Live Music Club gigs are published on the Club’s website and emailed to members. Registration is an expression of interest or application only. No band is confirmed to play at any gig until notified by a member of the Events Management Unit.
2. Registrations are accepted up to the specified closing date. After the closing date, EMU collates, records and reviews registrations.
3. To be eligible for consideration for a gig, a band must comply with SA Live Music Club requirements that all band members are paid-up full Members and each membership is valid up to and including the date of the proposed gig.
4. A band that does not comply with any of the above criteria is not eligible to play at a SA Live Music Club gig and its registration is withdrawn from further consideration.
5. If the number of eligible band registrations for a gig is less than or equal to the number of available band slots, then those bands will be selected for that gig.
6. If the number of eligible registrations is greater than the number of available band slots, EMU will apply the following selection process:
6.1 Registrations will be ranked in order of date and time of receipt.
6.2 Preference will be given to bands that did not play at the last SA Live Music Club event. Available slots will be offered in order of the date/time of registration, firstly to bands that did not play at the previous, most recent SA Live Music Club event and then to any remaining bands, until all remaining slots are filled.
6.3 In the event that there are insufficient eligible registrations to fill all available band slots at an event, EMU is authorised to invite eligible Club bands to fill such slots or to invite eligible Club members to form a one-off band for that purpose in order to meet the Club’s commitments and the promoter’s and venue’s requirements and expectations.
6.4 Any casual vacant slots created by the subsequent withdrawal of a selected band before the gig will be offered firstly to any remaining registrations as provided for in item 6.2 and then as provided for in item 6.3.
7. EMU will use its best endeavours to accommodate any special requirements stated in a band’s Registration, such as preferred time slot, within the constraints of the event’s and promoter’s requirements.
Special Arrangements for Promoter Sponsored Events
From time to time at certain specific events, the promoters choose the bands they wish to perform at their event, not the Club or Events Management Unit.
At those gigs, the SA Live Music Club’s role is to facilitate registrations and assist with the event programming, as follows:
- EMU calls for and collects registrations for the event and forwards eligible registration to the Promoter.
- The Promoter makes band selections at its discretion.
- The Promoter consults with EMU on the programming of the bands.
An event where the Promoter makes the choice of bands will be clearly identified as such in the call for registrations.
Special Conditions for Pretoria Hotel Registrations
The Pretoria Hotel will program bands selected based on genre and tempo.
EMU calls for and collects Expressions of Interest and will advise the Pretoria Hotel the details of genre, tempo and makeup of the band.
The Pretoria Hotel and the WWMC will work together to put time frames of the program together.
WWMC will advise bands and ensembles of the time slots allocated to them.
Special Conditions for MooRok and Riverstock Registrations
The Moorook and District Club Inc selects bands for MooRok and Riverstock.
The SA Live Music Club’s role is to facilitate registrations and assist with the event programming, as follows:
- EMU calls for and collects registrations for the MooRok and Riverstock events and forwards eligible registration to the Moorook Club.
- The Moorook Club makes band selections at its discretion.
- The Moorook Club consults with EMU on the programming of the bands.
Events Management Unit
(Updated May 2018)