Special Fundraiser – Help the SA Live Music Club
Donate your 10¢ container deposit recyclables.
We now invite all members to join in.
How it works:
- Use the form below to send a message to Clarke Bros.
- They will deliver a clean, washed drum to your address. It’s about the size of a wheelie bin.
- Gradually fill the drum with your 10 cent deposit recyclable containers. (It takes me about 6 months to fill one.)
- When it is full, contact Clarke Brothers. They will collect it and leave you an empty one.
- The recyclers will credit the Club $10 per full drum.
Bottom line – a full drum is worth around $20. The recyclers pay a private customer $10 for it. The balance covers their costs of transport and delivery, insurance, drum cleaning plus a margin for themselves.
In this scheme, we donate our refund to the Club. It’s a pretty painless way of helping the Club and supporting a small, innovative local business. It keeps your empty containers tidy while you are saving them up and saves you the hassle of taking them to a depot.
Fair usage: Drums must be full. Any kind of 10 cent deposit container is accepted. Only 10¢ deposit containers please – no general recyclables. The only special condition is that plastic bottles bigger than 600ml must be crushed.
For more information about the scheme and the service provider, please visit:
Clarke Brothers Recycling.