Clarke Brothers have changed the arrangement they had with the club and other customers. They now offer a pickup service only and no longer make any payments to the club or other customers.
Participants in the former scheme might wish to consider whether the new arrangement suits their requirements.
Please contact Clarke Bros (details on their web site) if you wish to discuss or change your arrangement.
Thank you to all those former participants for your support and generosity while the scheme operated.
Details here: Clarke Brothers Recycling.
Special Fundraiser – Help the SA Live Music Club
Donate your 10¢ container deposit recyclables.
We now invite all members to join in.
How it works:
- Use the form below to send a message to Clarke Bros.
- They will deliver a clean, washed drum to your address. It’s about the size of a wheelie bin.
- Gradually fill the drum with your 10 cent deposit recyclable containers. (It takes me about 6 months to fill one.)
- When it is full, contact Clarke Brothers. They will collect it and leave you an empty one.
- The recyclers will credit the Club $10 per full drum.
Bottom line – a full drum is worth around $20. The recyclers pay a private customer $10 for it. The balance covers their costs of transport and delivery, insurance, drum cleaning plus a margin for themselves.
In this scheme, we donate our refund to the Club. It’s a pretty painless way of helping the Club and supporting a small, innovative local business. It keeps your empty containers tidy while you are saving them up and saves you the hassle of taking them to a depot.
Fair usage: Drums must be full. Any kind of 10 cent deposit container is accepted. Only 10¢ deposit containers please – no general recyclables. The only special condition is that plastic bottles bigger than 600ml must be crushed.
For more information about the scheme and the service provider, please visit:
Clarke Brothers Recycling.