Saturday Session at the Gov
It’s the moment we’ve all been waiting for – SA Live Music Club’s first gig after the lockdown!
Seeking four bands for a 30 minutes set each.
Saturday 18 July in The Gov’s new Restaurant Room.
1.00pm: Load in.
2.00 – 4.30pm: Band performances.
4.30 – 5.00pm : Load out.
Please read before submitting a registration.
This gig is a bit different from previous ones because of special requirements relating to hygiene and social distancing.
1. The gig will be in the Gov’s new Restaurant Room performance space – not the front bar. With the new Level 3 restrictions in place, it can hold 40 people with another 24 in the overflow “fireplace room”.
2. Band slots are 30 minutes to allow enough time between sets to carry out The Gov’s mandatory equipment cleaning protocols.
3. Bands must comply with The Gov’s cleaning requirements. The main features are:
– mic guards must be screwed off and replaced with disinfected guards in between acts,
– used mic guards must be placed in the “used guards” container for disinfecting (performers may use their own personal mic at their own risk),
– mic leads, stands, amplifier dials and mic bases must be disinfected with either spray or wipes in-between acts.
Disposable gloves and hand santizer are provided.
4. To ensure a speedy turnover between sets, bands are asked to prepare in the saloon room (mid bar) to be able to go on stage and plug in as quickly as possible when they are called. That means bands should make every effort to have their instruments tuned, pedal boards and other equipment set up and ready to plug and play, and have everything ready to go with the minimum of delay. Stage managers will make every effort to ensure that each band gets its full 30 minutes but will ask a band to finish up if it appears to be going over its allotted time.
Please be aware that these requirements are intended to make sure that members and their bands have an opportunity to perform while complying with Government and the Gov’s requirements for the health and safety of all participants.
If more bands apply than the number of slots available, normal selection criteria will apply.
Selection guidelines may be seen here: https://salivemusic.club/band-selection-guidelines/
For that purpose, the “previous, most recent” event will mean the last event where club bands actually performed, not any planned event for which bands were selected but which was subsequently cancelled.
Registrations are now open at https://salivemusic.club/rego/ until 5.00pm Monday 6 July.