Want to get back into playing live music or join a band but don’t know where to start?
The SA Live Music Club can help you.
Part band incubator, part muso/singer/band-matching social club, the Club’s goal is to help and support people into playing live music. It supports its members to develop their musicianship, helps them meet and form bands with like-minded people, and arranges a variety of gigs and events for them where they can perform in public venues and develop their acts.
Several SA Live Music Club bands have gone on to perform professionally.
Please click here for information about how to join.
Current events open for registration
- Club Cool @ Gov Venue 20th November (registrations now closed)
- SES Enfield Open Day 26th November (registrations now closed)
- Bunnings Prospect 27th November (registrations now closed)
- AGM & Xmas Party 10th December (registrations now closed)
- Barkuma Xmas Party 21st December (registrations now closed)
Please see the Register for a Gig page for more information.
Shake up of our Saturday Sessions
From 25th March we are introducing Saturday Jam to the Saturday Sessions.
If you’ve been along to our Random Jam you’ll have an idea of what happens.
We get various people into the rooms, give them some song books to get things going, and swap them around to mix people to get some networking and socialising. Songs are usually 3 chord and recognisable ie. you would’ve at least heard them before.
It’s never about Sheep Stations or the Entertainment Centre, it’s about having some fun, pure and simple.
What happens at Saturday Jam is we have a band or two, and get people to nominate to come up and play a song or 2.
We pick about 10+ songs to try out otherwise we’ll be there for ever and a day.
There’ll be clipboards with songs and you nominate for whichever song, instrument, etc. We call you up to the stage and belt it out.
Obviously we have to set some guidelines to keep it running as smoothly as we can.
- We have 10+ songs pre-selected from our Random Jam Song Books – see below which ones for this month
- Have Clip Boards / Pens – on the day – for people to nominate Song & Instrument
- Song can be played more than once but only twice maximum
- Another Brick In The Wall
- April Sun In Cuba
- Bad Moon Rising
- Born To Be Wild
- Brown Eyed Girl
- Don’t Stop
- House Of the Rising Sun
- Johnny B Goode
- Roadhouse Blues
- Rock Me Baby
- Sweet Home Chicago
- Songs can be proposed ahead of our monthly deadline, however not promised eg. might get held over to next Sat Jam eg. vocalist might like to try a song so we need chord charts
- The Club’s backline is to be used ie. Amps, Drums, Guitar Leads, DI’s (Gov’s), etc. – so no lugging amps or drum sets please
- Mics – Use The Gov’s and changed over where possible OR bring your own
- The Gov’s Sound Engineer has Levels Control – Play to Room not a Concert Hall
- Instruments can be supplied, or bring your own – 2 Electric Guitars, 1 Bass Guitar, Acoustic/Electric Guitar, Drum Sticks.
- No Effects or Pedal Boards – you walk up and play
- Amps – all levels preset by prior band eg. Boss Guitar Amps 25W Clean or Other – only minor adjustments eg. tone
- The MC/Stage Manager has final say without recourse.
- Must be done and dusted by 4:30pm
Any questions click here to contact the club’s Events Management Unit.
Book a Band – Put on a Concert – Present a Festival
The SA Live Music Club provides a selection of bands for various gigs and concerts, and helps community groups create and stage their own festivals and events.
To book an SA Live Music Club band or bands for your next function or for information about how the SA Live Music Club can help you to create your own event or festival, click here to contact the club’s Events Management Unit.
Please see the FAQ pages for more information.